We will be sharing the next Launch Annapolis Dev Talks with the Annapolis Python Meetup at The Commons in Annapolis! This is a great event for rudimentary to advanced developers
We will be sharing the next Launch Annapolis Dev Talks with the Annapolis Python Meetup at The Commons in Annapolis! This is a great event for rudimentary to advanced developers along with people just interested in tech!
Register today . . . Our speakers include Art Moore and Aaron Francesconi, of ClearSystemsLLC.com. The Agenda is food and a close look at the many faces of DevOps.
How many definitions are there for DevOps? While we haven’t conducted an exhaustive survey, a sampling of seven definitions collected randomly from the internet demonstrated at least 4 distinctly different viewpoints on its scope or meaning.
So what? DevOps is still young and evolving, though perhaps middle-aged already in computer time. Either way, it’s still maturing. Those, in the thick of it or leading the DevOps charge, accept that even their own viewpoint is evolving, and aren’t too hung up just now with nailing down the precise words for it. They see what’s happening, are able to share learning, and are into the journey.
But how about the IT executive trying to manage in this space? How about that enthusiastic supporter, you perhaps, when you step into the elevator and get that key question from a senior manager, “So what’s DevOps?”
This interactive discussion-based seminar:
• Examines what all definitions for DevOps share, key variations and where they come from
• Identifies core elements of DevOps and “what makes them DevOps”
• Provides a point from which to view DevOps and what it hopes to achieve
At Clear Systems, we believe the adoption and evolution of DevOps will keep hurtling forward, unstoppable by virtue of the enormous quality and efficiency it offers and the huge economic demand for those advantages. At the same time, the more clarity we achieve as this growth occurs (among ourselves, but especially with those we communicate out to), the faster and more successful that adoption curve will be and the more each of us will achieve personally.
So let’s pause for a just a moment and ask the question, “What is DevOps, really?”
This is an active seminar. Come prepared to engage and learn from each other. Session results will be the combination of covered material and the shared contribution of the entire group. Expect to walk away with:
• Clarity: On “What DevOps is really,”
• Orientation: A framework from which to view and orient to the elements and scope of DevOps
• Confidence: Ability to assume your own viewpoint on the topic of DevOps and to convey it to others
• Ability: To convey viewpoints of “What DevOps Is” to others
About the Speakers:
– Aaron Francesconi is the Enterprise Systems Testing Director at the Internal Revenue Service and has been the Linux Life-Cycle Program Executive Director and IT Release Level Technical Support Senior Manager there, as well as, the Web Services Manager for Utah Retirement Systems.
– Art Moore, Founder of ClearSystemsLLC.com, has long provided organizational and process coaching, mentoring and training. Clear Systems provides Lean/Agile & Business Agility certification training (SAFe and ICAgile), coaching and transformation. First as a software developer, and then in leadership, Art managed multiple consultancies, growing a national practice of senior software architects. As a founding member of an IT consultancy, he contributed delivery & marketing, providing transformational consulting to multiple Fortune 500 companies. Art is a contributing author on 2 books, one seen as ground breaking. Process improvements he developed for a major federal agency were rated best practice by Forrester Research.
The Commons is a shared work space that is built around community, sharing amenities, relationships, space, and especially ideas.
Special thanks to Joe Mintz of Annapolis Python Meetup for co-hosting!
6:00-6:30 – Network with developers of all kinds and grab food and beverages provided.
6:30-8:00 – “DevOps!” Presentation
8:00-8:30 – Q&A and further Mix and Mingling
(Thursday) 6:00 pm - 8:30 pm
209 West St #201