Explore how to transform concepts and goals into a product backlog and ultimately, project deliverables. Certified Agile Testing and Automation In this three-day
Certified Agile Testing and Automation
In this three-day Agile Testing and Automation course you will:
- Learn to internalize the Agile testing mindset and develop higher quality products
- Understand how business, development, and testing collaborate in an Agile environment
- Learn key test engineering techniques such as test-driven development and exploratory testing
- Discover automation strategies and frameworks and types of test automation
In recent years, organizations have been increasingly turning to Agile to produce higher quality products and see return on investment more quickly. In this new environment, testers have a crucial role on the Agile team from day one of the project but often lack the knowledge they need to be successful. Join us for training and you will be a step ahead of the curve.
In this hands-on course, we keep lecture to a minimum and instead teach through experience using methods such as group and individual exercises and class discussion. You will walk away from the class with practical knowledge you can implement the day you return to work.
There is no coding experience necessary. Having some knowledge or experience with Agile principles and practices is helpful. This class is ideal for those willing to expand their role as a professional tester and those who have an openness to changing their workflow.
Certifications from ICAgile
After completing this course, students will receive two certifications from the International Consortium for Agile (ICAgile)
- Agile Testing Certified Professional (ICP-TST)
- Agile Test Automation Certified Professional (ICP-ATA)
These two certifications are part of the ICAgile Agile Testing track and provide professional recognition of thorough knowledge in Agile testing and test automation techniques and practices.
Students will also be eligible to claim 21 Project Management Institute (PMI)® Professional Development Units (PDUs) as well as 21 International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA) Continuing Development Units (CDUs).
Who Should Attend
- Agile testers or aspiring Agile testers
- Test managers
- Developers, program managers, or product owners with an interest in testing
Introduction to Agile Testing and Automation
- Agile and Scrum overview
- Collaborating with the team as an Agile tester
- Introduction to Agile testing quadrants
- Test strategy
- Introduction to automation
The Testing Quadrants
- Types of tests including functional tests, unit tests, and exploratory tests
- Techniques for each test type including test-driven development and exploratory tours
- Test automation from an Agile tester’s perspective
- How to create a test automation strategy
- How to determine which tests are better suited for automation or manual execution
We’ll Also Discuss
- Defect tracking and metrics
- Working as a tester on a distributed team
About Your Trainers
Jill Stott is a Senior Agile Trainer at NextUp Solutions with more than 20 years of practical experience working in various IT roles and as a professional educator. As NextUp Solutions’ certified SAFe trainer and certified Kanban trainer, she has led organizations across industries through successful Agile transformations. Additionally, Jill facilitates most of NextUp Solutions’ custom Agile courses for clients seeking training geared specifically for their needs. She has trained thousands of people of diverse roles and organizational levels both in-person and virtually on a variety of Agile topics, priding herself on a 95% pass rate. Jill prioritizes making her classes not only highly informative and engaging, but also fun.
Your registration includes:
- Certification fees for both ICP-TST and ICP-ATA certifications
- Training manuals and resources
This is a live online (virtual) class. After registering, students will receive the Zoom weblink to join the training. We recommend that students download the Zoom web-based application prior to joining class.
Students submitting cancellation requests 10 business days or more prior to the start of the course are entitled to a full refund. Students submitting cancellation requests less than 10 business days prior to the start of the course will be offered a credit toward a future NextUp Solutions Training course of equivalent value, or a refund less a processing fee of $100. Should the organizer cancel the course for any reason, each registered student will be issued a full refund.
* PMI is a registered trademark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
November 30 (Tuesday) 9:00 am - December 2 (Thursday) 5:00 pm