Join us for a full immersion into the concepts and practices of Agile and Scrum. Advanced Certified ScrumMaster (A-CSM) As a Certified
Advanced Certified ScrumMaster (A-CSM)
As a Certified ScrumMaster (CSM), you’ve been introduced to Scrum values, practices, and applications. You now understand how to provide a level of knowledge and expertise above and beyond that of typical project managers.
To further enhance your knowledge and skills, the next step is achieving an Advanced Certified ScrumMaster (A-CSM) certification. This two-day learning experience will build on your foundational knowledge of Scrum and focus on how to implement Scrum and Agile techniques in your organization. The A-CSM is ideal for a Certified ScrumMaster who has one or more years of work experience in that role.
Although there are no restrictions as to who can attend the course, students must satisfy the following requirements to receive an A-CSM certification from the Scrum Alliance:
- Have an active Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) certification
- Demonstrate one year of work experience specific to the role of ScrumMaster by uploading it to their Scrum Alliance profile.
- Complete an accredited Advanced Certified ScrumMaster (A-CSM) class.
This course allows students to claim 14 Project Management Institute (PMI)® Professional Development Units (PDUs)* as well as 16 Scrum Alliance Scrum Education Units (SEUs).
What You’ll Learn
In our A-CSM course, you will be provided with a set of techniques and skills that go beyond the basics of Scrum, expanding into interaction, facilitation, coaching, and team dynamics. The course outline for this class is below.
- Review of Agile, Scrum, XP, and Kanban
- Facilitating group interactions
- Coaching teams and organizations
- Serving the development team
- Evolving the definition of done
- Serving the product owner
- Facilitating great retrospectives
- Serving the organization
- Embodying servant leadership
- The ScrumMaster as a professional
- Product increment and definition of done
- Sprint planning
- Task board and daily Scrum
- Sprint review and retrospective
- Burndown charts
- Scrum simulation
Who Should Attend
This course is appropriate for all members of the project team including ScrumMasters, project managers, developers, testers, analysts, and anyone with an interest in furthering their understanding of essential ScrumMaster skills and behaviors. This course is ideal for Certified ScrumMasters with one or more years of work experience in the role.
The cost of registration includes:
- High-quality digital copies of reference materials
- Two-year membership to Scrum Alliance
- Course certificate of completion
This is a live online (virtual) class. After registering, students will receive the Zoom weblink to join the training. We recommend that students download the Zoom web-based application prior to joining class.
About Your Trainer
Dr. Patrick McConnell is the Vice President of Agile Services at NextUp Solutions and a Certified Scrum Trainer (CST) specializing in Agile transformation in the public sector and scaling agile frameworks. A criminologist by training, Patrick transitioned from developing geospatial applications in Agile teams to coaching and training Agile methods and frameworks. He has served as an Agile coach and trainer for over 50 U.S. Government organizations, as well as the states of Alabama, Maryland, and New York.
Students submitting cancellation requests 10 business days or more prior to the start of the course are entitled to a full refund. Students submitting cancellation requests less than 10 business days prior to the start of the course will be issued a credit toward a future NextUp Solutions course. The credit will be equal to the amount paid for the initial course less any applicable fees. Should the organizer cancel the course for any reason, each registered student will be refunded 100% of the registration cost they paid.
* PMI is a registered trademark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
9 (Thursday) 9:00 am - 10 (Friday) 5:00 pm(GMT-05:00) View in my time